SEO tricks you can do under an hour to boost your websiteJuly 8, 2018
How to manage your Google account’s privacy settingsJuly 12, 2018
Before thinking of hiring a web development company to make your website, there are important questions you need to ask yourself before proceeding. These questions will benefit you in understanding what you need and what you don’t need as well a give you reasonable expectations when you do choose to proceed. Below are a few of the most important questions you need to ask yourself.
- Are cheap website offerings worth your time?
- How much is your time worth? would you rather waste your time trying to work with a cheap website or would you rather have a web company do it for you correctly the first time?
- what are the technology lock-ins? What will happen to the website if I have to move from one technology company to another? is the web developer building the website on open standards or on their own proprietary platform which only they understand?
- how can my websites performance be measured? ask your web developer whether they’re integrating Google analytics or similar analytic platforms(description)
- Which social media platforms will be integrated?
- What guarantees do I have from website to stay online? Talk about the hosting company and if its anything less than 99% uptime guarantee
- Are there any SEO tools built in?
- How easy is the backend manager? can you upload photos using drag and drop It should be easy an should require any technical expertise?
- Mobile and tablet responsiveness? Is my website going to be mobile and tablet friendly?
- GDPR, backups and security?